Broken egg curry is a simple loaded with rich tomatoes and flesh of potatoes along with some home made spices.its a quick and finger licking food,one of the highlight of your weekend.
STEP BY STEP PREPARATION WITH PHOTOS
- Rinse eggs carefully and boil them with enough water for 15 minutes over medium flame.
- Let them cool in cold water .Remove shells and cut into two pieces.Use a sharp knife to cut the eggs.
- Heat 2 tsp oil/butter on a pan and place the yolk part on the pan carefully.Cook on lower flame for 5 to 6 minutes until it turns brown and turn it.
- Turn the eggs carefully and cook for another one minute.Off the gas
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and temper fennel seeds.Add finely chopped/sliced onions into the pan.Fry onions till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes,green chilies,turmeric powder,chili powder,coriander and saute it.
- Meanwhile peel boiled potatoes and mash it,so that there should not be any lumps.
- When tomatoes get soft add mashed potatoes,garam masala and saute it. Add 1 cup of water and salt.Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium flame.Now sprinkle chopped coriander and off the gas.
- Serve it in a serving plate topped with fried eggs and garnish with coriander leaves.
BROKEN EGGS CURRY
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins + 15 mins (prep time + cook time)
things we need to prepare
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 3 Boiled potatoes (medium size)
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped (seeded)
- 6 to 7 Green chilies
- 2 Onion (finely chopped )
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Mustard oil/any cooking oil
- A handful chopped coriander leaves
In a pan 2 tsp oil,fry both the sided of the eggs,for frying place the yolk part on the hot pan .
In another pan heat 3 tsp oil,temper fennel seeds.Add chopped onions,green chilies(slited),turmeric powder,red chili powder,coriander powder and saute it.
Now pour chopped tomatoes and fry till tomatoes get soft.Add mashed potatoes,garam masala and stir it.
Add 1 cup of water and salt.cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.Now off the gas .
Serve fried eggs on gravy and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.