My all-time favorite moong dal which I always wait to serve by my mother when she does any kind of fasting. It tastes really divine and refresh your taste buds.
- 400 g moong dal (split yellow moong lentils)
- 1 cup warm Milk
- Sugar (according to your taste)
- ½ cup scrapped coconut
- Fruits Any.. (Optional)
- Crushed black pepper
YOU CAN USE YOUR CHOICE OF FRUITS.CUT THEM IN SMALL PIECES AND ENJOY THE FASTING DAYS MORE…
- Soak moong dal for 4 to 5 hours. Rinse well.
- Now in a pot cook moong dal with 1 cup of water on medium flame. Cover the pot
- Off the gas and let it cool.
- let it cook until the dal becomes soft. Don’t over cook.
- In a large bowl add two big spoon boiled dal, add scraped coconut, 4 tsp sugar, pinch of crushed pepper,1/2 cup warm milk. Mix all evenly and serve during fasting.