Green or raw papaya it self a package of ample of proteins and vitamins.This dish is cooked without onion and garlic a great option for fasting time .When papaya and chana dal cooked together the taste comes divine.
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- ½ cup boiled chana dal
- 1 tomato chopped
- Garam masala
- 3 cloves
- ½ tsp each (turmeric, red chili powder)
- Boiled papaya in half cup of water in a pressure cooker.
- Boiled chana dal with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker
- Make a fine paste of tomato and cloves.
- Heat 2 tsp oil,add green chili,red chili powder,turmeric,hing and prepared paste.Saute it.
- Add garam masala and papaya.Fry them well.
- Add boiled chana dal and add 2 cups of water,salt.
- Shimmer for 5 minutes or until get a nice thick consistency of the gravy.Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.