A fusion of sour pineapple and creamy cheese dumped in our Odisha‘s tempering makes the dish more aromatic and boost your appetite..
PREPARATION STEP BY STEP WITH PHOTOS
- Cut pineapple and cottage cheese (paneer)into small cubes.
- Shallow fry pineapple pieces in 2 tsp oil/ghee on a pan and add 2 cups a of water.Steam it for 10 to 15 minutes until they get soft.
- I have used pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistle on medium flame.
- Meanwhile blend rest of the (1/2 cup) pineapple cubes,ginger to fine puree.
- Add paneer pieces , turmeric,sugar ,salt ,prepared puree into the pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
- in pressure cook on high flame for 2 whistles .Don’t overcook paneer cubes else it will get hard and unable to soak all the gravy inside.
- Off the gas.Make paste of 1 tsp corn flour and water.pour into the gravy.
- I cook this recipe mostly on festive time where we avoid to cook onion and garlic..
- Cook for 1 minute when they start boil off the gas.
- In a small pan add 2 tsp oil/ghee temper with pepper corn,green chilies ,fennel seeds,fenugreek,curry leaves .
- Pour it over the pineapple and cheese ,Cover to lock the aroma .Serve it with any meal or specially on festive time.